Alright boys, it is time to grow up and embrace one the very few perks of manhood. I'm talking about your ability to rebuild your entire wardrobe with just a few ESSENTIAL items. Men's clothing has not changed a lot throughout history, so you want to build a wardrobe based on items that will never go out of style, not creating a closet built on current trends because just as quickly as those items got big and became the fad of the moment they will fall out of style just as fast...then you'll be stuck with a closet full of size 3X white t-shirts or Ed Hardy jeans. These 10 items that I have selected will give you a versatile that will have you prepared to look great in any venue.
1) Levi's 501 - Classic, fit great, inexpensive and can be worn with just about anything.
2) Navy Suit- Navy is the most versatile color in your closet can be your business suit that becomes your happy hour suit in an instant.
3) Leather Jacket- a staple of the american mans wardrobe FOREVER and for good reason, it is an instant dose of cool o what ever your wearing.
4) Levi's Trucker Jacket - Great for giving a little character to an old t-shirt or crew neck and will give your outfit some pop.
5) White Oxford shirt-...Cuz you're a grown ass man!!! Get a white oxford and thank me later, you'll never be sorry for having this in your closet.
6) White Canvas Sneaker- Personal choices are the Chuck Taylor or Jack Purcell, both are clean and classic, plus neither will break the bank.
7) Stainless Steel Watch- Every man needs a great watch if they want to be taken seriously, avoid the iced out faces...that is all.
8) Black Lace Up Shoes- I like the cap toe (it's exactly what you're picturing in your mind) but as long as you get a pair you will be fine, this is gonna be your go to shoe for multiple occasions, dinner dates, power lunches and everything in between.
9) Grey Crew Neck Sweater- You can wear it solo, you can dress it up with a white oxford underneath, you can throw a leather jacket over it. I don't need to justify it any further, it's like the swiss army knife of clothing.
10) Tweed Herringbone blazer- Great piece of outerwear that will give you an alternative to your boring black blazer. Put a button down under it, dress it down with a t-shirt and jeans, either way you will look completely put together.
That's it! Print this and max out your credit cards! ...Please don't actually do that. All these items should be acquired over time but will give you a strong base to build the rest of your closet off of. Rome wasn't built in a day and your closet won't be either, good luck. You're welcome.